We seek to be people who LOVE GOD MORE
- Who are directed, shaped and empowered by Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Whose hearts and lives are surrendered to Jesus.
- Whose daily lives are an act of worship – a passionate response to who God is and What he does.
- Whose prayers reflect how desperately we want God and need God
- Who out of love for God gives our resources generously to not only meet our own needs but invest into future kingdom building.
We seek to be people who LOVE EACH OTHER MORE
- Where following Jesus’ call to be disciples and make disciples is the heartbeat of every believer.
- Where despite our brokenness, we celebrate our diversity and unite to practice authentic community with one another through honest, caring relationships.
- Where every person is helped to fulfil their God-Given potential and become more like Jesus.
- Where ministries are vital and strategic, being led and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
We seek to be people who LOVE THE WORLD MORE
- Where, for every believer, reaching people with the gospel is compassionate, intentional and compelling.
- Who partner with other Christian groups in sending and supporting missionaries to our world – nationally and internationally.
- Who loves and serves people in our local community in practical ways, with ‘no strings attached’.
- Who values the contribution of other denominations working together in God’s mission – especially in the Redlands
We believe that the only hope we have of seeing our vision become reality is if God is at work, building His church through transforming the lives of the people He calls. Our absolute desire is to partner with Him in this mission.
In order to help our congregation love God, love each other and love the world, we have brought four ministry areas into sharp focus…
Worship (Loving God)
- Worship is a lifestyle and should be evident through all spheres of life. We do set aside several times for corporate worship on Sunday, in the morning (9:00am) and at night (Boost, 6:00pm). Apart from the things easily seen happening up on stage, there are many people serving behind the scenes who contribute to these times of corporate worship. Many other opportunities for individual and group worship exist at other time.
Small Groups are the lifeblood of Birkdale Baptist Church. God has wired us to love Him and to love each other. We believe that Small Groups provide opportunity for these relationships to develop in intimacy and honesty. The Small Group Ministry exists to help people develop God-honoring friendships. We run a variety a small groups for a variety of ages and life stages.
Care (Loving Each Other)
- Our philosophy of care is that everyone in our church should be involved in caring for each other. This happens in the main through informal relationships, especially in the context of small groups. Some formal programs exist to supplement these informal relationships. From welcoming new people through to supplying meals for those in need, our Care Ministry seeks to share and display the same love and mercy God has shown us. Some of our established ministries include welcoming and follow up, emergency food supplies, support of new mums, visitation and aged care. We also have a low-cost community counselling centre operating through the week.
Mission (Loving The World)
- We firmly believe that every follower of Jesus is called to mission.
- Local: Therefore, we seek to love and serve our local community in whatever ways God shows us, both formally and informally. Some of our formal ministries include Play Groups, Kids Hope (at Birkdale South State School), SU Chaplaincy Support, Religious Education and SUPA Club, Kids Games, Christmas Carols Night and Nursing Home Services.
- Global: We support many cross cultural missionaries prayerfully, financially and by sending small teams for encouragement and special project help. Those we regularly support serve in Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Malawi, Thailand, India and Sydney.